Thursday, May 23, 2013

Testing the circuit solver

Now that a basic control interface is ready, I can begin with the power electronics library. Main focus would be on the diode and IGBT (or simply an ideal switch). With these, the intent would be to start rigorously testing the circuit solver. Something which I put off before because I wanted to get to the power electronics library ASAP.

A basic problem has arisen particularly in the solving of stiff equations. A single phase diode bridge rectifier threw this error up. It it in the way the loops are rewritten whenever a diode turns on and off.

Found out the problem this afternoon and will figure it out tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! This is the first open source project I have seen about power electronics simulations. It seems very professional, I think It could very usuful for much people and could be a good base to other project.

    Thanks Circuit Breaker

    ReplyDelete